HEM membership is open to everyone with an interest in Hutterite education in the province of Manitoba.
HEM provides its members with the following benefits and services:
- We provide newsletters filled with articles and resources relevant to Hutterite education.
- We facilitate the annual MTS PDday conference where we offer workshops, new materials, and a chance to network with many other teachers of Hutterite children across Manitoba, including German teachers.
- We organize in-school presentations to connect communities and engage student learning.
- We promote teacher attendance at PD programs such as the International Conference of Hutterite Educators (ICHE), SAGE conference, and other HEM-organized workshops throughout the year that specifically focus on topics relevant to Hutterite education.
- We are actively involved in SAGE Council meetings where we have a voice and interact with other SAGE groups to shape the future, and provide our members with innovative ideas to use in our schools.
- We establish links and maintain relationships with other Hutterite education committees within the province and the international Hutterite community.
- We provide a website offering teachers updated information about PD opportunities and information from HEM.
To join HEM, please click here.